26.8.12

4.8 km Run and the Perfect Post-Workout Smoothie

This morning, I woke up bright and early and went on a 4.8 km run with my dad. We walked to our starting point and then ran 6 rounds of a 0.8 km trail. I was totally pumped up and the run was great! We took exactly 26:43 to finish. We stopped by at the gym on the way back and did a few shoulder strengthening exercises. I came back and refueled with a refreshing, healthy banana smoothie.

Half an hour later, I was all set for our weekly Sunday family yoga class. What a fitness-filled Sunday morning!

Banana Smoothie Recipe
Serves 1
1 banana
4-5 walnuts
1 tbsp flax seed
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup milk
a handful of ice
Look at that wonderful ripe banana just waiting to get blended into a smoothie!

 Put all the ingredients into and blender and blend away!

Serve chilled. Give those muscles the nutrition they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment